Tuesday 26 January 2010

January 2010

04/01/10
Happy new year everyone, I really can’t believe I am still doing this blog, so many people seem to start blogs and give up after a couple of months or so. In about 10 weeks it is a year that I started looking at baclofen for a cure for my alcoholism and as you know it certainly did cure me. As it’s the beginning of January obviously loads of people are making their resolutions and I hope baclofen gets a good coverage??? I was asked to do an interview regarding my experience with baclofen but I declined, the main reason being I had family and friends that we need and want to keep out of any publicity, but maybe I can do it for a foreign TV channel? Like in Japan or even Scotland??? [HA HA] Seriously though I hope it gets a good blast this January in somewhere like Scotland or Ireland where there seems to be a big problem.

I actually bought my Dr. a vintage bottle of red wine for Christmas, talk about pardon the pun... But his Secretary assured me that’s what he liked.

Strangely enough last year seemed to go quicker than any I remember, much quicker than when I was drinking every day, every week, every month, every year? So what am I going to do this year? I have quite a bit planned actually, improving my health and finances are top of the agenda. I have found a martial art that’s not exactly a martial art that I start hopefully this week, and I’ve also got my other exercise regimes planned, also I have started to take my dog out and that has been lovely and will also help out on the fitness side of things. I have a couple of business ideas ready to go also; one is actually a blog that is going to convert free members to paying members, the other is going to take a bit of work but it’s to do with extras.



10/01/10
That seemed to be a long week, although I made progress in various areas. My dog has started to go to the toilet outside and I’m so proud of her, so the clearing up has got lot easier, she has also started to enjoy the outdoors in general much better. I have still been going to the gym regularly and I started my training regime plus a good diet and walking so I feel really quite good physically and mentally. Work should pick up this month also? Although I am literally breaking even on my sports trading this month although I’ve I still have 3 weeks to go. Shall start my other blog this month and also get going with my other idea. I spoke to my Dr. also this week and he had some very encouraging news to tell me as he has actually prescribed baclofen to another patient and advised me he still liaises with Dr. A. So that is good to hear.

18/01/10
Another good week, I have been keeping to my training regime and work has been picking up. Also it has been really good to get out and walk my dog every day. I have a lot planned this year and totally believe I can achieve it all, mainly because I have a clear head and I am free from my alcoholism. Around the later part of this month it has been 6 months since I have had an alcoholic beverage and I relish the achievement of this still today and to be honest I think I always shall.

25/01/10
At last the end of January is almost here, I always tend to find January an awkward month, and the weather is usually rubbish as it has been here, and people in general seem to already been dreading the year ahead so soon after their new year’s resolutions. So with all the negative energy around I wish I could be in the sun on a beach with my partner having a well deserved break. But in all fairness this year I realise the future is always coming and I found January to be a lot easier than normal as I am so much more optimistic than usual due to not drinking my way through it. Spring is round the corner and I am buzzing.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris, Jim, Dr A/M & Karl,
    Have followed your posts since May 2010.

    Chris, I want to thank you profusely for providing this platform for discussion and voicing your experience for all of us to gain from. and further this communication window. It is an invaluable service.
    I started Baclofen in January in very very small doses and have increased very slowly -
    Am female, 163 cm and slight build, so did lot of titration for myself.
    A question for Anonymous Dr. M,
    How does one go about finding a Dr. who will be willing to prescribe or at the least act as GP regarding Baclofen for me in Scotland (Glasgow) and /or Oslo (Norway?)

    Am now on 3.6 mg pr kg for 12 days 180 mg and now stepped down to (2.6 mg)as I find it too difficult to continue due to somnolence but FULL success with no craving -

    And on which platform may I provide my email to be contacted directly?
    Thanks and regards
    Boo

    ReplyDelete